Family Owned & Operated Since 2002
Posted by: Chris Laney on January 22, 2019
MOLD. It's a word that inspires panic in a home owner and can cause major stress and anxiety. Mold is something that we never want to hear about in our homes, given the bad reputation that mold has made for itself over the years.
The fact is – mold is a pretty common issue that homeowners deal with. If treated quickly and properly, mold may not cause much damage to the home and fast mold removal will limit any illness or sickness in family members.
Let's get to know more about household mold, how to remove it, and when it's important to call in a professional mold remediation team like the certified experts at Water Out!
Typically you will find mold by smelling or seeing it. Mold is typically black or green in color, giving off an odor of must or an earthy smell. However, as stated above, there are mold types that can hide from the naked eye. This is when it is extremely important to monitor symptoms of individuals in the home. If sickness does not improve, check for mold in hidden areas.
If you do see or smell mold in your home, you can try a few mold and mildew remover tricks. Begin with hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, or baking soda mixed with water and spray it on the areas covered in mold. These items are known as antimicrobial and will stop mold from growing or kill it all together.
Remember to ALWAYS take proper safety precautions when dealing with mold clean up. Regardless of the amount of mold, you want to protect yourself using a face mask, glove, and shoe covers to keep the spores from clinging to your shoes – causing you to track the mold through your home.
Hiring a professional is always the best bet. While it may seem like mold removal is an easy task, professional mold removal companies are in business for a reason!
They have tools and techniques that the typical homeowner may not have access to. The certified mold remediation team at Water Out, for example, don't just remove the mold from your home. We make sure that we find the source of the mold.
Typically, mold is caused by a leak in the bathroom or kitchen sink, the roof, etc. Professionals know what to look for and how to repair the issue to seal the leak to keep water at bay.
The chemicals used by a professional team are much stronger than those you can purchase in a hardware store or make yourself. These chemicals will fully kill the mold spores and remove them completely from the areas in your home that are infested with mold.
These chemicals will also treat the mold to make sure that it does not spread to other areas, causing even more problems down the road.
While black mold gets the worst reputation, all mold types should be treated with the same professional services. At Water Out, we serve the homes in the Fort Wayne area with our Certified Mold Remediation Team.
If you suspect that your home may have a mold problem,call us today and let us help.
Tags: Mold Removal Tips
October 18, 2019
October 11, 2019
October 4, 2019